July 27, 2012

Race Report - 2012 Iron Mountain 100k

Race: Iron Mountain 100k
Location: Damascus, VA
Date: July 15, 2012
Riders: Dylan Johnson (2nd Overall)


Dylan traveled to southern Virginia on July 15 to take on the Iron Mountain 100k.  Here's his report:


I lined up with Sam Koerber and a number of other fast riders.  Koerber put in a huge effort and he dropped me the first climb.The eventual third place rider, Brian Sheedy(x-pro road racer) went with Sam and they were able to work together on the flat road sections while I was left to solo it. Looking back on it now I realize that I probably should have gone a little over my limit to stay with Sam. I don't know if it would have changed the result though because the finish was a downhill and Sam has a full suspension and skills. Sam dropped Brian about 3/4 of the way through and I caught and dropped Brian shortly there after. Great race. More climbing than Stoopid 50 but the single track wasn't as technical.


Results are available here.


Heading to the finish
Post race
Post-race 2
Dylan in 2nd
Results
 - Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment