May 04, 2010

Wawayanda Spring Cleaning Race Report From John

Wawayanda Spring Cleaning
H2H Campmore Series
Hewitt, NJ

A short race report from John on his and Ross' difficult race in New Jersey this past weekend at the Campmore H2Race in Hewitt, NJ:

The race was too hot (90 plus degrees and humid), too long (3hrs) and too technical with rock gardens everywhere.

This race was just about survival.








My body almost suffered total shut down multiple times.

I got a good start -- 3rd wheel out of about 30+ racers -- but, then the heat and rocks took a toll on me and every other racer there.





Many riders DNF'ed, and I should have too, but I'm stupid and just rode super slow and ended up finishing 8th.

This was the most I have ever suffered in a race.

Ross and most other racers were smart -- he pulled off on his second lap.
Results are here.


- John

No comments:

Post a Comment