May 04, 2010

Andrew Mein's Excellent Adventure at Granogue - Scott Wilson's Report

Granogue Estate, DE
May 2, 2010

This race has been on my schedule for awhile now. After having a bad series of events at Tour De Tykes and being the new guy representing the Scott RC Mountain Bike Team I put a lot of pressure on myself to do well.

Not having been on the course before I wasn't sure what to expect. The course turned out to be super fun and fast with tight, twisty, rocky, rooty slightly wet singletrack and some punchy climbs. Nothing too bad in the extended let-it-all-hang-out climbs, but enough to keep you honest. Pressure aside it turned out to be a pretty good day.

The Scott Scale 29er I was riding was a smart choice turning babyhead rocks and off-camber roots into rollers. I am not sure what the headtube angle is on the bike, but it handles and turns quicker than any 26 inch full-suspension or hardtail I've ridden.

The bike performed well and so did I taking the win in the Cat 1 class.

Aaron rode for an uncontested win today and Mike rode to a strong 5th place. It was a hot day, but a good showing for the Scott guys.

Next up "On the Rocks" French Creek.

Stay Healthy,

Scott Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment